1.08.2010

2009 and beyond...

It has been quite some time since I have written to the blog. I had to take some time off to spend time with fams in Myrtle Beach, NC. Had some great times, mostly drunk by myself on the beach. The family has become quite introverted (mostly due to the cold weather) and did not venture out much. I did get my poppy to head out to the beach a couple times and fly some kites around. I actually got pretty good at rippin’ trick kites!

Headed back to Raleigh at the moment, after getting a damn seatbelt ticket in South Carolina. It’s time to finish this damn escape pod and head out. Adventure is calling my name and I can no longer ignore it. I need to get the hell out of Raleigh ASAP. I plan on spending the next two solid weeks finishing the van, then on to warmer weather!

I have sold almost everything I own. There is still a small bulk of trinkets and such I can store over at Nana’s.

2009, you will be missed you dirty bastard.

I started the year in Berlin, Germany with a beautiful snow to ring in the new year. We then traveled back to Italy and then on to the US. The first few months of the year were quite mediocre. Not a great deal of business this year. I had jobs here and there, but no steady work.

I did pick up a job at a local newspaper called the Slammer that publishes weekly mug shots in an attempt to amuse people to others misfortune. I began in the office, but it has turned into a fully on-the-road job which is quite sweet. All I have to do is keep the website updated once a week with the latest editions and they pay me!

The real highlight of this year was my 2-month journey across the country. I never thought I had the balls to do it. Now I know I do and must do it again!!
 There is nothing better than waking up in a new beautiful place everyday.

We tamed the Appalachians. We got harassed by cops and raged rooftops in Chicago. We flirted our way into the St. Louis arch. We partied with copious amounts of lesbians in KC. We emerged ourselves in the SLC punk scene for days. We rocked out in the Rockies. We ventured the lands of Northern California…

We went to BURNING MAN!!! Which although we did not plan for it (it was a random thought while in Boulder, CO), was one of the most inspiring experiences of my entire life. I had no idea what to expect and those 7days in the desert exceeded every expectation I ever had of the infamous festival.

After the burn we rolled 4 deep in my VW with gear for all. Evan and Paul, the hitchhikers w picked up at burning man are like brothers to me now. We had adventures that others dream of.

Finally California. I have been dreaming of you for so many years. Since I was 15 I have wanted to leave for Cali...and I finally made it! It also was everything I expected it to be and more. Beautiful scenery, interesting people, legal marijuana! I can’t wait to get back to you!!

This year brought me heartache and realization of true freedom, broken noses and dreams achieved. I wouldn’t want it any other way. This time I will see if we can up the ante and make 2010 baller as shit!!! Plan is to get the pod done and then straight to Florida, then wherever the road chooses to take us. I will be accompanied by my best buddy Mr. Biz and my homie Corn. 2010 Here we come!!!

2 comments: